The project will upgrade a 4.8-kilometre section of the Cunningham Highway between Yamanto and Ebenezer Creek, south of Amberly, and include the following key features:
- a realignment of the highway between Yamanto and Ebenezer Creek
- an upgrade of the Cunningham Highway and Ipswich-Rosewood Road intersection
- left-in/left-out only access to Middle Road
- an overpass over the new connection road
- a new service road between Ipswich-Rosewood Road and Warwick Road, and
- new pedestrian and cycle facilities.
The Cunningham Highway is a 327-kilometre national highway in south-east Queensland. It links the Darling Downs region with Ipswich.
|2012||The preferred option and business case were submitted to the Federal Government for funding approval for design and construction. Following the establishment of Building Queensland, the detailed business case was updated and has been referred to Infrastructure Australia (IA) for consideration.|
|May 2018||In the 2018-19 Federal Budget, the Federal Government committed $170 million for the project which will see funding contributions each year between FY2020-21 and FY2023-24. However, details of the funding profile and commencement date were not provided in the Budget.|