The NSW Government is upgrading the Great Western Highway between Katoomba and Lithgow. The upgrade is being delivered across three packages:
- Central Package - Blackheath to Little Hartley
- East Package - Katoomba to Lithgow
- West Package - Little Hartley to Lithgow
The East package between Katoomba and Blackheath is split into three sections:
- Katoomba to Medlow Bath - widening 3.5 kilometres of highway to provide dual carriageway between Rowan Lane in Katoomba and Bellevue Crescent in Medlow Bath, and
- Medlow Bath to Blackheath - widening 1.8 kilometres of highway to provide dual carriageway between Station Street in Medlow Bath and Tennyson Road in Blackheath.
A construct only contract for a 1.2 kilometre Medlow Bath section is currently under procurement in a separate process.
|Procuring Agency:||Transport for NSW|
|Dec 2020||Aurecon was engaged to deliver concept design, geotechnical and environmental services, including planning approval for the road duplication, and improved alignment and drainage for the East Package.|
|Sep 2021||The NSW Government commenced a Market Interaction Process (MIP) for the Medlow Bath construct only contract, closing 1 October.|
|Feb 2022||Transport for NSW opened Registrations of Interest for the Medlow Bath package.|
|May 2022||Transport for NSW opened registrations for participation in a Market interaction process for the East and West packages.|