As part of the More Trains, More Services Program Stage Two, further improvements will be delivered in 2024, including on the T4, T8 and South Coast Lines, to effectively integrate Sydney Metro City and Southwest.
T4 Illawarra Line
- A 20 per cent increase in peak services on the T4 Illawarra Line. This includes an extra three services an hour in the peak for key hubs like Hurstville and Sutherland.
- Additional capacity to carry 3,600 more customers in the peak.
T8 Airport Line
- More services for the T8 Airport Line, including a 60 per cent increase at the International, Domestic, Mascot and Green Square stations during the morning peak, meaning trains on average every three to four minutes.
- Additional capacity to carry 2,400 more customers in the peak.
South Coast Line
- During peak times, all New Intercity Fleet trains will operate as 10 car trains instead of eight.
- An extra off peak service each hour between Wollongong and the Sydney CBD, meaning a train every 30 minutes on average.
|Procuring Agency:||Transport for NSW|