The Urannah Dam project will be located on the Broken River, 80 kilometres west of Mackay in Central Queensland, and will involve the construction of:
- a gravity fed dam with water storage capacity of up to 1,500,000 megalitres
- a water distribution network from the proposed dam to Peter Faust Dam and on to Bowen and Abbot Point in the north, and to Eungella Dam and Moranbah in the south
- an irrigated agricultural development area of up to 25,000 hectares
- pumped hydro-electric power storage and power generation infrastructure, and
- ancillary works and infrastructure.