The Western Highway is being duplicated between Ararat and Stawell as part of the Western Highway duplication between Ballarat and Stawell.
As part of this package the Ararat to Stawell section involves:
- adding two lanes in each direction with a central median to separate traffic
- upgrading intersections to improve safety and move traffic more efficiently
- building new access to the highway, with intersections that connect to local roads
- building a bypass to the north of Great Western
- building new bridges at Delahoy Road and Bests Road, and
- adding an underpass below Sandy Creek Road.
|Apr 2019||Project Announcement|
|Procuring Agency:||Department of Transport|
Estimated Total Cost
Traditional Procurement |
Victoria | National |