The Barwon Heads Road Duplication project will duplicate four kilometres of road between Settlement Road and Reserve Road and investigate the potential for a further six kilometres from Reserve Road to Lower Duneed Road.
The Barwon Heads Road Duplication will:
- add extra lanes between Settlement Road and Reserve Road
- upgrade Settlement Road and Breakwater Road intersections
- install traffic lights at Crows, Barwarre, Marshalltown and Reserve Roads intersections
- build new cycling lanes
- install new street lighting, road signage and drainage, and
- plan for upgrades between Reserve Road and Lower Duneed Road.