The Barwon Heads Road Duplication project will duplicate four kilometres of road between Settlement Road and Reserve Road and investigate the potential for a further six kilometres from Reserve Road to Lower Duneed Road.
The Barwon Heads Road Duplication will:
- duplicate four kilometres of Barwon Heads Road between Settlement Road and Reserve Road
- replace the level crossing at Marshall with an overpass bridge
- upgrade Settlement Road and Breakwater Road intersections
- install traffic lights at Crows, Barwarre, Marshalltown and Reserve Roads intersections
- construct four kilometres of new cycling lanes, and
- install new street lighting, road signage and drainage.