The Barwon Heads Road Duplication project will duplicate four kilometres of road between Settlement Road and Reserve Road.
The Barwon Heads Road Duplication will also:
- replace the level crossing at Marshall with an overpass bridge
- upgrade Settlement Road and Breakwater Road intersections
- install traffic lights at Crows, Barwarre, Marshalltown and Reserve Roads intersections
- construct four kilometres of new cycling lanes, and
- install new street lighting, road signage and drainage.
|May 2019||Project Announcement|
|Sep 2021||Contract Award|
|2021||Expected Construction Commencement|
|2023||Expected Construction Completion|
|Successful Tenderer:||Decmil, BMD Constructions and BildGroup|
|May 2019||The 2019-20 Victorian Budget committed $318 million towards the project.|
|Oct 2020||The 2020-21 Federal Budget allocated $292 million to the project.|
|Sep 2021||The Victorian Government announced the contract to construct the project has been awarded to Decmil, BMD Constructions, and BildGroup.|