The Baypark for Bayfair Link Upgrade (Baylink) involves the upgrade of two major state highway intersections, connecting to the Tauranga Eastern Link and completing the eastern corridor for the Bay of Plenty.
The upgrade involves:
- relocating the East Coast Main Trunk Line railway
- building two flyovers, one at the intersection of State Highway 29A and State Highway 2, and the other at the intersection of State Highway 2 and the Maunganui-Girven intersection
- replacing the Te Maunga roundabout with an elevated interchange,
- Truman Lane roundabout improvments, and
- Maunganui-Girven intersection upgrades.
|May 2017||Contract Award|
|May 2017||Construction Commencement|
|Dec 2023||Expected Construction Completion|
|Successful Tenderer:||CPB Contractors|
|May 2017||The Design and Construct contract was awarded to CPB Contractors.|
|Jan 2021||Waka Kotahi announced a change in project scope, cost and delivery timeframe. The estimated construction completion was pushed back to late 2023 and cost was increased to NZ$262 million. This was in part due to the inclusion of an underpass, which was not part of the original scope, as well as other reported issues.|