The 1,700 kilometre Bruce Highway is Queensland's major north-south road corridor, connecting coastal population centres from Brisbane to Cairns.
The main projects which have not yet commenced delivery include:
- Pine River to Caloundra Road Interchange Upgrade
- Mackay Ring Road, and
- Cooroy to Curra Upgrade (Section D).
The Cooroy to Curra project is among Queensland's highest priority road projects, which consists of four parts:
- Section A: Cooroy southern interchange to Sankeys Road (complete)
- Section B: Sankeys Road to Traveston Road (complete)
- Section C: Traveston to Woondum (complete)
- Section D: Woondum to Curra, including the Gympie bypass.
Other projects which do not meet the ANZIP threshold include:
- Townsville Ring Road – Stage Four ($200 million - awarded to Seymour Whyte in September 2014)
- Cairns Southern Access Corridor – Stage Four ($135 million - awarded to Georgiou Koppen Joint Venture in August 2018)
- Rockhampton Northern Access Upgrade – Stage One ($121 million - awarded to a McIlwain and SGQ Joint Venture in November 2018)
- Deception Bay Road Interchange Upgrade ($150 million - awarded to BMD Constructions in September 2020)
- Cattle and Frances Creek Upgrade ($119 million - awarded to BMD Constructions in February 2017)
- Tiaro Flood Immunity Upgrade ($107 million), and
- Saltwater Creek Upgrade ($103 million).
|Dec 2013||Construction Commencement|
|Nov 2017||Project Announcement|
|Dec 2028||Expected Construction Completion|
In 2017, the Queensland Government established the Bruce Highway Trust – with the stated objective to strengthen long-term investment certainty and develop a 15-year plan for the Bruce Highway pipeline. The Queensland Government will commit at least $200 million annually to the Trust.
|Procuring Agency:||Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads|
|Jul 2013||The Federal Government announced the $8.5 billion program, funded on an 80:20 basis between the Federal Government and the Queensland Government.|
|May 2018||The program expanded its remit and increased to a 15 year program of works. The Federal Government announced an additional $3.3 billion to its existing $6.7 billion commitment. The Queensland Government increased it's commitment by $800 million to $1.6 billion.|
|May 2019||The Federal Government announced an additional $425 million in funding for the program.|
|Sep 2020||The Federal Government announced an additional $201 million in funding for the program.|
|Jun 2021||The Queensland Government announced an additional $100 million in funding for the program in its 2021-22 Budget.|
Sub Project website Caloundra Rd – Sunshine Motorway
Sub project website Cooroy to Curra
Sub Project website Haughton River and Pink Lily Lagoon
Sub Project website Mackay Ring Road
Sub Project website Cairns Southern Access Corridor - Stage 3
DIRDC Infrastructure funding profiles 2019-20 Budget