The new Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT) campus in Woden will service around 6,500 students and will focus on IT, cyber security, hospitality and business faculties. The new campus will replace CIT’s Reid Campus and will be built at the site of the existing Woden bus interchange.
The new CIT campus is proposed to include:
- smart classrooms
- cyber training and digital learning spaces
- a training restaurant with a commercial kitchen
- collaboration and group-work learning spaces
- function rooms, activated common areas and greenspace
- incubator hubs and spaces for collaboration with industry and local businesses
- ‘smart campus’ technology which would link the campus with custom digital learning management systems, and
- youth foyer housing to support vulnerable young people undertaking training or study.