The Central Interceptor is an expansion to the existing Auckland Wastewater network, aiming to increase capacity and reduce overflow.
The project scope includes:
- Construction of a 14.7 km long tunnel with a 4.5 m internal diameter,
- Two 3.2 km long sewers, at a maximum depth of 70 m,
- Multiple drop shafts and access shafts,
- Expanding existing connecting sewers, chambers, control facilities and air treatment facilities, and
- Construction of a wastewater pumping station
The project is being delivered through a Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture.
|Expected Construction Completion
|Ghella Abergeldie Joint Venture (GAJV) was appointed in early 2019 as the Main Contractor by Watercare
|RFP's opened for the Central Interceptor
|Tenders were submitted for the project by four short-listed contractors.
|AGJV were announced as the preferred bidder for the porject.
|Watercare and AGJV formally signed the contract to deliver the Central Interceptor
|Construction commenced on the Māngere Pump Station