A new bridge that aims to upgrade the connection between the Murray Valley Highway and Warren Street at Echuca with the Cobb Highway at Perricoota Road in Moama. Transport for NSW and Major Road Projects Victoria will oversee the $324 million project.
The project is divided into four stages:
Stage One: Upgrade of the Murray Valley Highway and Warren Street intersection. This involved replacing three dangerous ‘Y’ intersections with a new roundabout at the intersection of the Murray Valley Highway and Warren Street.
Stage Two: Warren Street upgrade. This section involved building
- four new flood relief bridges
- a new roundabout at Campaspe Esplanade
- an extended right-hand turning lane into Homan Street for local residents and the Echuca Cemetery
- new service roads for residents, and
- a new shared walking and cycling path.
Stage Three: Construction of a new link road between Echuca and Moama, involving:
- a new two-lane road (one lane in each direction) with sealed shoulders north of the new roundabout on Warren Street in Echuca to the Cobb Highway in Moama
- new bridge over the Murray River and floodplain
- new bridge over the Campaspe River and floodplain
- two new flood relief bridges
- safety barriers
- noise walls
- a new safe and scenic shared walking and cycling path along the route and over the new bridges.
Stage Four: This stage involves upgrading the Moama intersections to connect the Cobb Highway to the new Murray River bridge, and is being delivered by Transport for NSW.
|2022||Expected Construction Completion|
|Successful Tenderer:||Stage One: RE Civil Pty Ltd Stage Two: Winslow Constructors Stage Three: McConnell Dowell Stage Four: Excell Gray Bruni|
|2018||RE Civil Pty Ltd were awarded the contract to build Stage One|
|2018||Winslow Constructors were awarded the contract to build Stage Two.|
|2019||McConnell Dowell was awarded the contract to build Stage Three.|
|Oct 2019||Excell Gray Bruni was awarded the contract to build Stage Four.|