The Flinders Medical Centre upgrade and expansion includes:
- additional 136 beds (majority of which will be single rooms) – two-thirds of the additional beds will be overnight beds with one-third to be same-day beds
- upgrade and expansion of the Margaret Tobin Centre for mental health
- upgrade of outdated wards
- an expanded Intensive Care Unit
- new operating theatres
- expanded medical imaging, and
- a new eye surgery clinic.
|Expected Construction Completion
|SA Health Infrastructure
|The 2022-23 SA Budget included a $400 million commitment – jointly funded by the Federal and SA Governments – to deliver the Flinders Medical Centre upgrade and expansion. However, only $161 million has been profiled over the next four years, with the remainder outside the forward estimates.