The project will see two new bridged interchanges constructed along the Great Eastern Highway Bypass at Roe Highway and Abernethy Road with the aim of improving access to Perth's eastern suburbs. It will also involve a range of upgrades and alterations to the Highway and surrounding roads, including:
- upgrading the Great Eastern Highway between the new interchanges
- upgrading Abernethy Road
- upgrading Roe Highway between Great Eastern Highway Bypass and Clayton Street
- connecting the Great Eastern Highway Bypass to Lloyd Street
- constructing a bridge over the Helena River to complete the extension of Lloyd Street from Clayton Street to Stirling Crescent
- a shared path along the Great Eastern Highway Bypass, continuing onto Roe Highway, and
- converting Stirling Crescent into cul-de-sacs on either side of the Great Eastern Highway Bypass, providing local access by extending Adelaide Street to Abernethy Road.