The Herbert Smith Precinct is a proposal to redevelop part of the Royal North Shore Hospital (RNSH) campus in St Leonards, Sydney. The proposed redevelopment would cover an area of 2.27 hectares on the southern end of the 13 hectare hospital site.
The redevelopment will see the development of a new health precinct, which is likely to include:
- up to 500 apartments, comprising at least 75 per cent as affordable housing and key worker accommodation, with the remainder as built-to-rent apartments
- new and enhanced public open spaces
- short stay accommodation for patients and carers
- new educational facilities, possibly including a new primary school
- restoration of heritage structures
- improved connections to public transport and pedestrian access through the site, and
- additional car parking facilities.
|May 2020||Project Announcement|
|2022||Expected Construction Commencement|
|2025||Expected Construction Completion|
|May 2020||The precinct was announced by the NSW Government.|
|Dec 2020||Two community consultations were held on 1 and 2 December, presenting concept plans.|