The Narrabri to North Star (N2NS) section of Inland Rail will upgrade approximately 185 kilometres of existing rail corridor and construct 1.7 kilometres of new track near Moree, New South Wales. The project is being delivered in two phases.
According to the project scoping report, Phase Two of the Narrabri to North Star section includes:
- upgrading 13 kilometres of track
- building 1.6 kilometres of new track, bypassing the hairpin turn at Camurra
- replacing and realigning bridges over the Mehi and Gwydir rivers
- eight new underbridges
- crossings and culverts across Skinner’s Creek, Duffy’s Creek, two unnamed creeks, and three irrigation canals
- repositioning link to Weemelah line
- retaining Newell Highway level crossing
- removing hairping infrastructure, and
- replacing or upgrading of utilities, infrastructure and fencing affected by the track upgrade.