The Larrakeyah Defence Precinct, comprising Larrakeyah Barracks and HMAS Coonawarra, is located 2 km west of Darwin central business district.
The Larrakeyah Barracks Redevelopment and the Facilities to Support Naval Operations in the North at HMAS Coonwarra projects are being jointly delivered under the Larrakeyah Defence Precinct Redevelopment Program.
The Larrakeyah Barracks Redevelopment includes:
- a new NORFORCE Precinct comprising headquarters, training and operational facilities as well as a workshop and vehicle shelters
- a new two-storey shared user facility
- a new Base Entry precinct, and
- associated infrastructure.
The Facilities to Support Naval Operations in the North is being undertaken at HMAS Coonawarra and includes:
- the construction of a new 250 m long wharf
- the construction of a 3000 sqm hardstand with associated buildings, and
- the construction of a new ready-use fuel facility with a 3.5 ml storage capacity.
|Expected Construction Completion
The original costings put the program at $496 million. As of the Federal Budget 2023-24, the program is now estimated to cost $602 million.
|Department of Defence
The project is being delivered using a Managing Contractor Delivery model.
|Laing O'Rourke appointed managing contractor.
|Laing O'Rourke commenced construction.