The Learmonth and Curtin RAAF Upgrades includes upgrades and maintenance for two Royal Australian Air Force bases in Western Australia.
The scope of works is split between three works packages. Works Package A includes upgrading the RAAF Learmonth Base infrastructure to support forecast increased operations. Works Packages B and C are capital maintenance projects focusing on maintaining the network of aircraft pavements, stormwater drainage and Aeronautical Ground Lighting (AGL) at the two sites.
The full scope of works includes:
Works Package A: Learmonth Multi Role Tank Airfield Upgrade
- strengthening and asphalt resurfacing of the runway
- taxiway upgrades
- apron upgrades, and
- a new fuel hydrant line.
Works Package B: Learmonth National Airfield Maintenance Works
- rectification and asphalt resurfacing of taxiways, Ordnance Loading Areas and ORAF pavements
- rectification and asphalt resurfacing of taxiway shoulder pavements
- replacement of High Intensity Approach Lighting
- replacement of Taxiway centreline
- replacement of Apron and helipad lighting, and
- replacement of selected culverts and drainage.
Works Package C: Curtin National Airfield Maintenance Works
- rectification and asphalt resurfacing of Runway 11-29 pavements and shoulders
- asphalt resurfacing of taxiway pavements
- rectification and asphalt resurfacing of identified Operational Readiness Pads, and
- rectification and asphalt resurfacing of the Aircraft Tow Road.
|Feb 2023||RFT Open|
|Apr 2023||RFT Close|
|Oct 2023||Contract Award|
|2024||Expected Construction Commencement|
|2028||Expected Construction Completion|
|Procuring Agency:||Department of Defence|
|Successful Tenderer:||CPB Contractors|
|Feb 2023||The Department of Defence issued a Request for Tenders for the project, closing on 13 April.|
|Oct 2023||The Department of Defence (DoD) awarded CPB Contractors (CPB) an Early Contractor Involvement (ECI) contract for the project. Pending the successful completion of the ECI contract, CPB will proceed to deliver construction works. The ECI contract is expected to be completed in 2024.|