The project is seeking to improve transport connections with the Moreton Bay region to northern Brisbane through upgrades to improve transport network capacity.
At early planning stages, the key components identified are:
- upgrading the Gateway Motorway (Bracken Ridge to Pine River)
- upgrading the Bruce Highway (Gateway Motorway to Dohles Rocks Road)
- upgrading Gympie Arterial Road (Strathpine Road to Gateway Motorway)
- delivering north-facing ramps at Dohles Rocks Road interchange to the Bruce Highway, and
- building the North South Urban Arterial (NSUA) between Dohles Rocks Road and Anzac Avenue - recently dubbed the 'Moreton Connector'.
|May 2020||Project Announcement|
|Procuring Agency:||Department of Transport and Main Roads|
|May 2020||Queensland Government announced plans for a $2.1 billion roads upgrade for Moreton Bay and North Brisbane.|