The North-South Corridor will provide a dedicated non-stop thoroughfare for north and south bound traffic (including freight) running between Gawler and Old Noarlunga and passing through the Adelaide CBD, a distance of 78 kilometres (with 44 kilometres of motorway already complete).
Sections that have already been contracted and were funded through a deal between the SA and Federal Governments include:
- Southern Expressway ($407 million)
- Darlington Upgrade ($620 million)
- Torrens Road to River Torrens ($896 million)
- Regency Road to Pym Street ($354 million)
- South Road Superway ($842 million)
- Northern Connector ($867 million), and
- Northern Expressway ($564 million).
The Torrens to Darlington (T2D) section is yet to be procured. Estimated at $8.9 billion, this section is to be delivered in two stages:
- Stage One: ANZAC Highway to Darlington, and
- Stage Two: River Torrens to ANZAC Highway.
|2030||Expected Construction Completion|
Project website - DIRDC
Project Fact Sheet
DIRDC Infrastructure funding profiles 2019-20