The North-South Corridor will provide a dedicated non-stop thoroughfare for north and south bound traffic (including freight) running between Gawler and Old Noarlunga and passing through the Adelaide CBD, a distance of 78 kilometres (with 44 kilometres of motorway already complete).
Sections that have already been contracted and were funded through a deal between the SA and Federal Governments include:
- Southern Expressway ($407 million)
- Darlington Upgrade ($620 million)
- Torrens Road to River Torrens ($896 million)
- Regency Road to Pym Street ($354 million)
- South Road Superway ($842 million)
- Northern Connector ($867 million), and
- Northern Expressway ($564 million).
The Torrens to Darlington (T2D) section is yet to be procured. Estimated at $9.9 billion, this section is to be delivered in two stages:
- Stage One: ANZAC Highway to Darlington, and
- Stage Two: River Torrens to ANZAC Highway.
|2030||Expected Construction Completion|
|Jun 2021||The 2021-22 South Australia Budget revealed a change in scope and increase in cost for the Torrens to Darlington Section of the project. The scope was increased to include an additional lane and wider tunnels, raising the estimated total cost from $8.9 billion to $9.9 billion. The 2021-22 SA Budget allocated $3.3 billion over four years, including $151 million in FY2021-22.|
|Jul 2021||A project map revealing the southern entry and exit points of the tunnel was released.|
Project Fact Sheet
Infrastructure funding profiles 2019-20