The $479 million Ryde Hospital redevelopment will include:
- a new and expanded emergency department
- new operating theatres
- adult overnight inpatient beds
- a new and expanded medical imaging department
- a new purpose-built ambulatory care centre
- a new paediatric short stay unit
- a new and expanded intensive care unit
- improved landscaping and urban spaces, and
- multi-storey car park.
The Ryde Hospital will be completed under a two-stage planning approval and delivery process.
- Stage One - State Significant Development Application (SSDA) for the proposed scale of the redevelopment and delivery of site preparation and enabling construction works.
- Stage Two - SSDA for the main construction works.
|May 2019||Project Announcement|
|Jul 2028||Expected Construction Completion|
|Procuring Agency:||Health Infrastructure NSW|
|Jun 2019||The NSW Government announced $479 in funding for the project in its 2019-20.|
|Dec 2020||The NSW Government announce consideration of alternative proposal to move the site of the hospital to Macquarie University.|
|Nov 2021||The NSW Government announced the site will remain at the existing Ryde Hospital campus which will be redeveloped.|
|Jan 2022||Health Infrastructure NSW submitted a Request for the Secretary's Environmental Assessment Requirements (SEARs) to NSW Department of Planning and Environment for the project's Concept Development Application.|
|Mar 2022||The NSW Department of Planning and Environment issued the Secretary's Environmental Assessment Requirements (SEARs) for the preparation of the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) of the project.|
|Jul 2022||Concept designs unveiled.|
|Aug 2022||The NSW Department of Planning and Environment placed the State Significant Development Concept Development and Stage One application on public exhibition, open until 20 September.|
|Jan 2023||The final designs for the Ryde Hospital redevelopment were released to the public.|
|Mar 2023||A scoping report and request for SEARs for Stage 2 of the approval process was released.|
|May 2023||SEARs were issued for Stage 2 of the project's development applications.|
Estimated Total Cost
New South Wales |
Government resourcesRyde Hospital Relocation Proposal
Scoping Report - January 2022
NSW Planning Portal: Stage 1
NSW Planning Portal: Stage 2
Project pagesNorthern Sydney Local Health District