The NSW Government is planning to improve clinical services and deliver increased healthcare capacity through the redevelopment of the existing Shoalhaven District Memorial Hospital.
The new Shoalhaven Hospital will include:
- increased surgical capacity
- acute medical and aged care beds
- more operating theatres and expanded elective surgery
- increased capacity in the Emergency Department and Intensive Care Unit
- expanded mental health services and expanded subacute care, including rehabilitation and palliative care
- expansion of outpatient and ambulatory care, and
- enhanced medical imaging and nuclear medicine capacity.
|Nov 2018||Project Announcement|
|Mar 2023||Expected Construction Commencement|
|2028||Expected Construction Completion|
|Nov 2018||The NSW Government announced it would commence planning for a $434 million redevelopment of Shoalhaven District Memorial Hospital.|
|Feb 2020||The NSW Government awarded the architectural services contract to Conrad Gargett.|
|Nov 2020||The 2020-21 NSW Budget allocated an additional $4 million in FY2020-21 to progress the project. The additional funding enabled the acquisition of the adjoining Nowra Park, allowing for expanded clinical services at the redeveloped hospital.|
|Jun 2021||The 2021-22 NSW Budget allocated $12 million to the project for FY2021-22.|