The Parramatta Enabling Works Package for Sydney Metro West will be delivered ahead of the Tunnel and Excavation – Western Package. The Parramatta Enabling Works package includes the following scope of works:
Demolition work consisting of:
- a multi-level car park, 13 buildings and redundant substations
- protection of properties adjacent to the site, and
- protection and retention of two heritage listed properties within the site.
Utilities work consisting of:
- decommissioning and removal of five substations and installation of one new switching station
- cut and cap of a gas pipe
- decommissioning of all utility connections to buildings to be demolished
- relocation of a fibre optic cable, and
- heritage and archaeology investigations related to utility relocations.
Internal roadworks consisting of:
- construction of two public access roads, and
- heritage and archaeology investigations related to roadworks.
|Feb 2021||EOIs Open|
|Sep 2022||Expected Contract Award|
|Jun 2023||Expected Construction Commencement|
|Dec 2024||Expected Construction Completion|
|Procuring Agency:||Sydney Metro|
|Oct 2020||The Package was announced as part of the Transport for NSW's Transport Infrastructure Pipeline 2025. The potential delivery type for the package was noted as a Design and Construct contract.|
|Feb 2021||The NSW Government, through Sydney Metro, opened Expressions of Interest for Pre-Qualification for the Sydney Metro West – Parramatta Enabling Works package. An industry briefing was held on 5 February.|
Sydney Metro – West – Tunnel and Excavation – Western Package on ANZIP