The Tasmanian Government Radio Network (TasGRN) project will transition eight core Tasmanian Government organisations currently using five disparate radio networks onto one unified, digital and interoperable radio network.
The users of TasGRN will include:
- Tasmania Police
- Tasmania Fire Service
- Ambulance Tasmania
- State Emergency Service
- Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water and Environment
- Sustainable Timber Tasmania
- TasNetworks, and
- Hydro Tasmania
The scope of the contract comprises the design, build, testing, operation and maintenance of the TasGRN as well as transitioning users from their existing networks.
The five existing networks are:
- digital based trunk mobile radio network primarily used by Tasmania Police, TasNetworks and Hydro Tasmania
- an analogue based VHF network used by the Tasmanian Fire Service and Ambulance Tasmania
- an analogue based VHF network used by Sustainable Timber Tasmania and Parks and Wildlife Service, and
- an analogue based VHF network used by the Tasmanian State Emergency Service.
|Dec 2020||Contract Award|
|2024||Expected Construction Completion|
|Procuring Agency:||Tasmanian Government|
|Nov 2018||Request for Tender documents were released with a closing date of 31 May 2019.|
|Aug 2020||Tasmanian Government announced Telstra as the preferred bidder and that contract negotiations have begun.|
|Dec 2020||The Tasmanian Government achieved contract close on the project. Telstra is the construction partner with Motorola Solutions to provide support.|