The University of Auckland's Faculty of Education and Social Work building construction project involves the relocation of the Education and Social Work faculty from the Epsom campus to the Central Auckland campus.
The project includes:
- building works across at least six buildings
- refurbishing existing buildings in poor condition, and
- ensuring they are fit for purpose for contemporary teaching and research.
Important aspects of the development include:
- the creation of specialist areas such as a marae
- Pasifika Success facility
- virtual learning spaces
- multidisciplinary collaborative active learning spaces, and
- specialist space to support the education of social workers and counsellors.
A decision about what will happen to the Epsom campus is yet to be made. The University is evaluating options for the land and buildings.
|Jul 2020||Procurement expected to commence|
|Dec 2020||Enabling works expected to commence|
|Feb 2021||Expected Construction Commencement|
|2021||Main works scheduled to commence|
|2024||Expected Construction Completion|
In August 2020, the NZ Government committed up to $200 million to the project as part of its $3 billion Infrastructure COVID-19 Response and Recovery Fund.
|Tenderers (EOI/ROI):||A tender process to appoint a contractor for early involvement is scheduled to commence between September and October 2020.|
|Jun 2020||The New Zealand Government called for EOIs for the redevelopment of Building 201 at the University of Auckland's main campus that will house some of the relocated Faculty of Education and Social Work.|
|Aug 2021||The project was awarded 93 points by the New Zealand Green Building Council achieving a 6 Green Star Design rating.|