The Upper South Creek Advanced Water Recycling Centre, located in Western Sydney, will have the capacity to treat up to 100 megalitres of wastewater per day. It will be delivered in multiple stages, with Stage One to provide 50 megalitres of wastewater treatment capacity per day.
The project includes:
- a wastewater treatment plant that includes production of treated water suitable for recycling and environmental flows, renewable energy, and biosolids suitable for reuse
- a pipeline from the Water Recycling Centre to the Nepean River, to release excess treated water
- infrastructure from the Water Recycling Centre to South Creek, to release excess treated water and wet weather flows
- a pipeline extension from the new Nepean River pipeline to the Warragamba River for environmental flows, and
- a pipeline from the Water Recycling Centre to Sydney Water’s existing wastewater system to discharge brine.