The WA Comprehensive Cancer Centre is a proposed 10-storey facility in Perth led by the Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research. The project scope comprises:
- 140 overnight and inpatient beds
- 110 chemotherapy, medical and same day beds and chairs
- 10 operating theatres and an intensive care unit
- up to 20 intensive care beds
- 40 Linear Clinical Research trial beds/chairs, and
- supporting on-site services.
The Centre will be located at the Queen Elizabeth II Medical Centre Campus (QEII).
|Mar 2022||Project Announcement|
|2026||Expected Construction Completion|
The project is anticipated to be funded on a 50:50 basis, with the Western Australian Government expected to match the federal funding allocation following the completion of a business case.
|Procuring Agency:||Harry Perkins Institute of Medical Research|
|Mar 2022||The 2022-23 Federal Budget allocated $375 million over four years to FY2025-26 for the establishment of a Western Australian Comprehensive Cancer Centre in Perth.|