Airside Civil and Pavement Works package comprises the construction of:
- a 3,700-metre runway
- access and exit taxiways and four rapid exit taxiways (RET) pavements
- parallel taxiway pavements and aircraft isolation pad
- engine run-up bay
- aeronautical ground lighting (AGL) for CAT IIIB operations
- perimeter roads and airside roads,and
- security fencing, including civil works provisioning for services such as CCTV, lighting, communications and power.
At the stage of procurement commencement, the package did not include terminal apron, apron roads, aviation fuel distribution, rescue and firefighting facilites or navigational aids.
|Feb 2020||ROIs Open|
|Sep 2021||Expected Contract Award|
|Oct 2022||Expected Construction Commencement|
|Dec 2024||Expected Construction Completion|
|Procuring Agency:||Western Sydney Airport|
|Aug 2018||Western Sydney Airport announced that Main Works Package One would be split in to three sub packages to allow more businesses to be involved in the project. This resulted in Main Works Packages 1A, 1B and 1C. Package 1A and 1B has since been consolidated to a single Bulk Bulk Earthworks Package while 1C is now known as the Airside Civil and Pavement Works package.|
|Feb 2020||Western Sydney Airport invited Registration of Interest (ROI) for Airside Civil and Pavement Works package, closing on 24 February. Expression of Interest (EOI) process was expected to begin in June, with contract award expected in the third quarter of 2021.|